Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Numeracy- Addition to 20 using 10 frames

Cody counts on by one to solve addition problems.

Using tens frames is assisting Cody to work out the addition problems in chunks rather than just counting in ones.


  • .  Cody already knows that he should add from the largest number.






Cody's next step- Is to progress from using 10 frames to solve addition problems up to 20, and develop his skills in breaking down additional problems into known facts to solve the problem in his head.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Cody. I see your Maths is improving. Keep up the great work and make sure you remember to do your homework.
    Auntie Bron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Cody and great to see you wearing your glasses.
    You should show me how you do this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody, when counting remember your tidy numbers numbers.

    For example 18 + 5 =

    In my head I am breaking down the number to (18 + 2) = 20, which is a tidy number.

    Next, I know that I have 3 left over. 20 + 3= 23.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cody you are doing really well at your maths. Good on you :)

    ReplyDelete